Pristine drops of water filtering through redwood forest. Drips of promise swept by moss fingers and fern hands.
For me, Fern Canyon in the Prairie Creek section of Redwoods State & National Park, in northern California, is a primal place. A place where you can hear the heartbeat of the planet. A place that is both ancient and every changing. Take a walk through Fern Canyon and listen.
- five-finger fern (Adiantum aleuticum)
- western swordfern (Polystichum munitum)
- lady fern (Athyrium filix-femina)
See the Roosevelt elk of Redwoods National Park
Explore other National Parks:
- Visit Santa Cruz Island, Channel Islands National Park
- Yellowstone National Park: wildlife, geothermal features
- Tetons National Park - wildflowers
- Glacier Bay National Park: Longest day of the year,
See a Whale Tail
Visit TheEarthMinute each week for a new 1-minute adventure